AirTag is supposed to provide over a year of battery life with daily use. But that doesn’t mean Apple hasn’t provided an option to keep tabs on your AirTag’s battery life. Your Apple device will alert you with a notification when your AirTag’s battery is getting low so you can make arrangements for its replacement. Plus, there’s an easy way to replace your AirTag’s existing battery. Apple’s AirTag contains a user-replaceable CR2032 battery and widely available at online or offline stores near you.
But before you buy a new battery for your AirTag, you should check the condition of the existing one, as the company claims to offer a good amount of use that should last you a year.
How to check AirTag battery life
Before you begin the steps to check the battery life of your AirTag, it is important to note that the device must be connected to the Find My app. Your Apple device, which can be an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, must also be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular internet to provide precise details. If both of these conditions are met, you can proceed with the steps below.
Open the Find My app on your Apple device.
Now tap on the name of your AirTag. You will see the battery status right after the AirTag name and location.
Apple does not provide the ability to view the exact percentage of battery remaining on your AirTag. However, the battery condition available through the Find My app is good enough to suggest when you will need its replacement.
How to replace the AirTag battery
You can replace your AirTag’s battery in just a few steps. Before beginning the replacement process, make sure you have removed the AirTag from the accessory or case it is attached to.
- Hold the AirTag with its stainless steel battery cover facing you.
- Press down on the cover and turn it counterclockwise until it stops turning.
- Release your fingers. The battery cover will now open.
- Pull the cover off and remove the battery, then insert a new one with the positive side of the battery facing you.
- Once the battery is properly seated, reattach the cover by lining up the three tabs on the cover with the slots available on your AirTag and press it down with light pressure.
- The AirTag will now play a song to indicate that the new battery is connected.
- Turn the cover clockwise until it stops.
Keep the original battery out of the reach of children and dispose of it properly.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
MSI GE76 Raider, GE66 Raider and GS66 Stealth gaming laptops launched with Intel Core H-Series processors in India