This tutorial is about how to identify a song that is already playing on your phone. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Identify a Song That’s Already Playing on Your Phone. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to identify a song that is already playing on your phone
Have you ever danced to a song on the radio, but couldn’t figure out the name or the artist? Or sometimes you go out with friends and you like the song playing, but you can’t search the lyrics on Google later. There are several ways to identify the music playing around you. But have you ever wondered what is the name of the music coming from your Android smartphone?
It can be a YouTube video, live stream, Snapchat snapshot, or Instagram story. Thanks to Shazam and other tools, you can directly identify the name of the music playing on your phone. Whether you’re listening to something through your phone’s speakers or headphones, Shazam makes it easy to find out. That’s how.
How to Identify a Song That’s Already Playing on Your Phone
Google Assistant (Android or iPhone)
- On an Android device, say “Hey Google” or press and hold the home button. On an iPhone, open the Google app and press the microphone button.
- Ask: “What is this song?”
- If the song is playing, Google Assistant will give it a name and give you a YouTube link. You can also hum, whistle, or sing the melody, and Google will suggest possible matches.
- Say “Hey Siri” or press and hold the power button on an iPhone or the Digital Crown on an Apple Watch.
- Ask: “What is this song?”
- If the song is playing, Siri will name it and give you an Apple Music link.
Shazam (Android or iPhone)
- Open the app and tap the Shazam button to identify a song.
- To add a Shazam shortcut on iPhone, go to Settings, Control Center, then tap the Add button next to Music Recognition. You now have a Shazam button in Control Center. On an Android device, you can tap and hold the Shazam app in the app drawer, then tap Shazam Now.
- If you want Shazam to run in the background so you can always identify what’s playing around you, you can enable Auto Shazam by opening the app and holding down the Shazam button.
Now playing (Google Pixel phones only)
- Go to Settings, Sound and vibration, Advanced, then Now playing.
- Enable the Identify songs playing nearby option. When you first turn it on, your Pixel downloads the song database.
- All you have to do is look at the lock screen to see the title and artist of the song that’s playing. You can also find a complete track history in Settings, Sound and vibration, Advanced, Now playing, Now playing history.
Final words: How to identify a song that’s already playing on your phone
Hope you understand this article How to Identify a Song That’s Already Playing on Your Phone, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.