If you are a high school student from Manatee County and need a scholarship to go to college, this is for you.
The Manatee Community Foundation offers grants and scholarships worth over $200,000. For details, call Joan McCawMCF Grants and Awards Manager at 941-556-5448 or email: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is March 31.
Among the scholarships available:
• The Olive Boyles Golden Scholarship Fund for qualified young women pursuing a business degree with a major in finance, accounting or economics.
• The Francis E. and Gaile A. McCracken Scholarship Fund for those seeking a degree in education.
• The Joseph T. and Naomi Bivens Scholarship Fund for minority residents attending accredited vocational, technical or college institutions.
• The Matthew Ryan Powers ‘Walk for Matt Memorial Scholarship’ for a Lakewood Ranch High senior or graduate who has been active in their groups.
• The Johanna P. Hagedoorn Scholarship Fund for U.S. citizens of Manatee County who have been accepted into an accredited U.S. medical school.
• The Lloyd Williams Scholarship Fundestablished by the Manatee-Sarasota Building Industry Association to provide scholarships in building trades.
• The Lewis K. Cooksey Education Fund for students to attend college, graduate school, or technical/vocational/industrial school.
• The Massaro Kozak Art Scholarship Fund for students of Out of Door Academy or Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School who are considering a degree in Arts and Communications.
• Beth Zelmes is 66 years old.
• It is the same Dorothy Pierson Hallam.
• B’town’s Lea Roddenberry, the reigning Miss Florida and author of the book “Leah Goes to Washington,” spent a day visiting classes at St. Joseph’s Catholic School as part of Catholic Schools Week. An SJCS alum, Leah spoke to students about community service, faith and leadership, a key part of her nonprofit, “Be a LeadHER,” for young women.
• And B’town’s Eryn LaLonde is the new Miss Polk County 2022.
• Anne Kinnan is 39 years old. Once again.
• It is the same jimmy delgado.
• Congratulations to those in the Southeast Khloe Maldonado. She took second place out of 15 speakers at the National Speech & Debate Association’s Florida Sunshine District Congressional Debate at Strawberry Crest High in Dover, qualifying for nationals in June in Louisville.
Teammates Neelam Joshi and Savannah Anderson were fourth and fifth, respectively, in improvisational speaking.
• Sara Beth Mayer is 31 years old.
• Good for James Keen Jr.a junior from Parrish High and his FFA President, whose steer, “Junior”, won the Reserve Grand Champion title at the Manatee County Fair.
• jesse kleiman is 26 years old.
• And all the best for Jimmy Trdinich. After 33 years as the highly respected Pirates public relations man, the five-tool media maven and winter resident of B’town will take on a new role as the team’s historian.
Vin’s People operates on Sundays. Email Vin Mannix at [email protected] Or call 941-962-5944. Twitter: @vinmannix.