Apple released iOS 15 beta 2 this afternoon. Among the new features now available in this version, Apple has finally launched its SharePlay function to be tested by users. Here is a first glimpse.
As previewed during the WWDC21 keynote, SharePlay allows users to share their screen, listen to songs together, watch movies, and more.
To start using SharePlay, the user needs to make a FaceTime call. Then there are several ways to trigger the function. For example:
- Start listening to a song on Apple Music;
- Open the content on the TV app;
- Click the upper right corner on a FaceTime call in the “Share Screen” button, under the “End” button.
Third party applications will be able to integrate with SharePlay. Disney +, Spotify and HBO Max, for example, will be able to take advantage of this watch or evenings of listening.
Every time the user starts the SharePlay function, iOS 15 displays a notification:
“SharePlay lets you discover content with other people on FaceTime. “TV” may be able to determine who is using SharePlay together in the app. “
This last sentence means that in order for the user to enjoy a Disney Watch Party, everyone in the call must have an active subscription to the service.
Here are all the new features of SharePlay:
- Watch together: Bring movies and TV shows in your FaceTime calls and enjoy a rich real-time connection with your friends while watching the same content.
- Listen together: Share music with your friends right in your FaceTime calls.
- Share your screen: Share your screen to embed webpages, apps, and more into your FaceTime conversation.
- Synchronized reading: Pause, rewind, fast forward, or jump to a different scene – everyone’s playback stays perfectly in sync.
- Smart volume: Dynamically responsive volume controls automatically adjust the sound so you can hear your friends even during a loud scene or climaxing chorus.
- Support for multiple devices: Connect through FaceTime on your iPhone while watching videos on your Apple TV or listening to music on your HomePod.
- Connect via audio, video and text: Access your group’s Messages feed directly from FaceTime controls and choose the communication method that’s right for the moment.
What did you think of the SharePlay feature? Were you able to find any new functions in iOS 15 beta 2? Share with us in the comment section below.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links which generate income. After.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: